These cookies are THE best!!
Seriously. This recipe has been my go to Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for over 10 years now.
I've been asked for this recipe more times than I can remember.
So, here it is for everyone to enjoy.
-make sure the butter is softened
- make sure to gradually add the flour (keep the mixer going)
- We like ours with Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- do not overbake
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies!
3 1/3 cup unsifted all-purpose flour.
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ cups butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 package (6-serving size) JELL-O® Brand Butter Pecan,
Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge, or Vanilla Flavor instant
pudding and pie filling. (I use vanilla)
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
3 cups chocolate chips
1 ½ cups chopped nuts (optional)
1. Mix flour with baking soda in a separate bowl.
2. Combine butter, the sugars, pudding mix, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl; beat until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Gradually add flour mixture; then stir in chips and nuts. Batter with be stiff.
5. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen.